Thursday, November 6, 2008

C. J. Date at Symposium 2009

I'm excited to announce that we have just arranged for Chris Date to speak at the upcoming Hotsos Symposium (hosted by our friends at Hotsos, 9–12 March 2009 near DFW Airport). Karen Morton just closed the deal with Chris a few minutes ago: he will deliver a keynote and then two one-hour technical sessions.

Here is a chance to meet one of the men who invented the whole field in which so many of us earn our livings today. This as an incredible opportunity.

I'll hope to see you there.

4 comments:

jan van mourik said...

That is exciting! His books have been of so much help to me, especially way back when, when I was still programming IMS and DL1! I've only seen him speak once, probably almost 20 years ago, in the Netherlands. It will be great to see him speak at the symposium!

Cary Millsap said...

I feel the same way, Jan. I've never seen Chris speak, and I can hardly wait. This is a really extraordinary opportunity.

Marco Gralike said...

I had the honor to attend a 2 day seminar with mr. Date in a small setting with only ~ 100 other attendees in holland. It was one of the most thrilling seminars I have ever attended. There were a lot of good discussions, for instance why SQL does not fit the relational world. Unlucky enough mr. Date had to skip the topic about Nullology.Who knows, maybe I get a second chance...

Kerry Osborne said...

Really cool! I've never met Chris or heard him speak. I can't wait to hear what he has to say.